- Rachel's even more awake today. They took her off her Dilaudid drip, so her only painkiller/sedative is the Fentanyl patch. She didn't seem in pain at all today.
- She's still a little confused, I think, but aware enough that the nurse removed her soft wrist restraints. All day long she absent-mindedly touched the various lines, tubes, and tape, but didn't try to yank anything out. I know she's a lot more comfortable. And the confusion will diminish over time -- it will take a while to wash all of the painkillers out of her system.
- The kids all visited around 5pm -- Rach was in good spirits, but very tired.
- Otherwise, kind of a boring day.
At home
- Conor went to Isabelle Glavin's birthday party today at the Glenview pool -- there were a few other 5th grade boys there as well, so it wasn't totally, like, you know. Fi and Emmet tagged along.
Pat
2 comments:
Pat, many thanks for your faithful entries to this blog. I'm sure that after a long day you would probably like to just sign off.
After all of the grim reports you've had to make, it is exciting to read of Rachel's improvements.
I'm sure that Rach, you and the kids are surrounded by angels. They're taking very good care of each of you.
Pat, you come from very strong Harrigan roots and you're more than living up to the challenge.
God Bless,
Aunt Sheila Harrigan
Pat, There is a large group of us out here that know Rachel but probably not you and your children as much.
I can tell you that we too are saddened to hear of Rachel's situation, yet happy to hear of her progress through your daily entries on "The Rachie Report". Also we get to know you & the kids better through this blog. I know this because many of us have spoken about her & all of you in my office as well as around Evanston.
While I am just one of many, we the Evanston Realtor community, share our many prayers, thoughts, meditations and good intentions to you , Rachel, and all of your family.
Thank you for keeping us informed...
Respectfully,
Kurt Murray
Post a Comment