- A little better again today: Fever down below 101, heartrate/blood pressure mostly OK, and she got in 15 minutes of breathing on her own (without the ventilator). Also more awake and alert, although that was only for a few hours this morning.
- Her tumor diagnosis has switched slightly again, to "rhabdoid/large cell variant of small cell carcinoma of the ovary", or something close to that. Google it if you please, although what you find will be gibberish to us non-pathologists (example here). I'll whine one final time about the complexity of cancer, as opposed to something straightforward like "Torn ACL", "Chicken Pox" or "The Suds".
- I brought her a "Survivor" head wrap today, and told her that she's not been voted off the island just yet. And she has immunity until the next Tribal Council. (I'm sure Fi will replace it with something more fashionable.)
Our new project
- Bothered that you can't do enough to help, especially from out of town? Here's your opportunity! We're going to put together a "Team Rachel" photo album to take to the hospital. Take a picture of you and your loved ones holding up a handmade "Team Rachel" sign, and email it to Sheila Barnes (Rachel's niece) at sheilab320@gmail.com. Or just PhotoShop the text in -- she's not picky. Sheila will assemble, print, and put the book together. Rachel knows how much everyone's pulling for her, and this will reinforce it with her even more. Thanks and bless you in advance...
Pat
2 comments:
Thinking out loud here.....I wonder if we could ask Evanston Imprintables to print "Team Rachel" shirts en masse to be used in those pics and for other moments of support meditations,etc). I would be happy to discuss this with Tracie, the owner of the shop. Anyone else think this is an interesting idea? It would require a commitment from a number of us. You can e-mail me your thoughts at maloneychaos@comcast.net so as not to clog the blog!
~Laura Maloney
Wow! Just an hour or so and there is already significant support for this idea. I will investigate and post more details on the t-shirt idea tomorrow. Please continue to e-mail me your thoughts or ideas on the subject.
Laura M.
Post a Comment