Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Arrangements

First, we're all doing OK. I spoke with the kids when they woke up this morning; there was some crying all around, but they had some friends over and other helpful distractions today. Ditto for me.

1. The visitation for Rachel will be this Thursday, September 11th, from 4pm-9pm at Donnellan Family Funeral Services -- 10045 Skokie Boulevard in Skokie (east of the Edens Expressway, just north of Old Orchard Rd.).

2. The funeral Mass is on Friday, September 12th, at 10am at St. Athanasius Church -- 1615 Lincoln Street in Evanston (just east of Green Bay Rd., south of Central Street).

3. A reception will immediately follow Mass, either at the Parish's "Lindley Park" (weather permitting) or in the school gym.

4. In lieu of flowers, donations in Rachel's name to either the American Cancer Society or the National Ovarian Cancer Coalition would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again for all of your support -- I continue to be overwhelmed by your generosity of spirit.

Pat





8 comments:

lauder said...

I am so sorry to hear about your loss. I worked with Rachel at Northern Trust, and live in Evanston, so I would run into her in the neighborhood occassionally. I will let some of her former colleagues know of this sad news.

My sincere condolences to you and your family.

Sincerely,

Kate Moore Lauderbaugh

Anonymous said...

Mass was offered today at Our Lady of Lourdes Parish, in Ada, Ohio, for the repose of Rachel's soul, and for the Harrigan family.

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. Our deepest sympathy.
Steve & Debbie Duke

Anonymous said...

Rachel was our Hero and is now our Angel. She walks triumphantly with God. Thank you for inspiring me and so many many people, Rachel. I will never forget you. I Love You. Judy

Anonymous said...

Dear Pat, Fiona, Conor & Emmet,
So very sorry that Rachel had to leave so soon.
Whatever soothes your souls and comforts you at this very sad time,
that is what we wish for all of you,
Our deepest sympathy
The Hodkinsons
XOXOXOXO

Anonymous said...

Dear Pat and Family,
I am truly sorry to hear of Rachel's passing. May God Bless you and your family in this time of sorrow. "Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me" (Psalm 23:4).
God Bless You!
Lynda D. Beasley

Anonymous said...

We are so sorry to hear of your loss. Our thoughts and prayers go out to all of you.

Donna & Michael Masini

Joline said...

We've never met, but I am friends with Lori Keenen who has been sharing with me about Rachel. I have been praying for her and your family.

Peace and comfort be with all of you now.

Joline Atkins