Sunday, September 14, 2008

Slideshow

Thanks to Sheila for yet one more thing...here's the slideshow from the visitation, in a format that hopefully everyone can work with.

One final thing I forgot to mention about the funeral: Cheryl and Dell from the ICU both made it, and Dell was able to join the reception afterwards for a while. She was a little surprised at her celebrity, I think. We talked for a little while, and she closed with "Thank you, Pat, for sharing Rachel with me..."

Pat

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful! Kudos to Shelia

And thank you, we will look forward to the Harrigan Report - if only for a short while.

Best regards,

Elaine and Al Kraatz
Skokie, Illinois

Anonymous said...

Amazing.

Thanks for sharing the slideshow.
What wonderful memories of Rachel this will be.

Aunt Sheila Harrigan

Anonymous said...

Rachel will be missed by many people whose lives she touched. She was certainly an extraordinary woman who accomplished much during her short life. I would also venture that I am not alone in comparing my own life’s achievements to hers and now pledge to try to change for the better. What also becomes apparent is that in order to be your best, it takes the love and support of your spouse. It takes the shared values toward family, faith and community. So, thanks to Pat for his role in making it possible for her to be the extraordinary woman she was.

Loving sister,

Rosanne

Anonymous said...

Grieve well....it is the path to healing.

Anonymous said...

nrPat: Make sure you take really good care of yourself and accept all offers of help...and ask for it when needed. You need to stay strong for your children, and so taking care of yourself is an unselfish act.

Kim Moldofsky said...

My sympathies to your family. I saw the obituary in the paper and an Evanston friend led me to your site.

Another friend just sent me these links in recongition of Ovarian Cancer Awareness Month (September). I hope you don't mind me sharing them in an effort to educate others about this scary disease http://www.kohnj.org/
http://www.ovariancancer.org
http://www.ovarian.org/

I am so sorry for your family's loss.

Anonymous said...

The words of Wendell Berry may offer some comfort: "We are what we have lost."

Anonymous said...

Pat,
I read Rachel's obituary in the Wilmette Life and was so taken aback that I went immediately to your blog as I had not heard that she was ill. Having read your words of courage, strength and love I now understand why I hadn't heard. God obviously needed her up in heaven urgently. While her loss to you, the kids and family here on Earth will no doubt bring trials I hope you are able to take solice in the fact that she is now spreading her beautiful smile and unmistakable laugh with those up in heaven. May your sad days be replaced soon with peace and strength.
God bless always,
Ann Zeiler (co-worker for many years in the intl group at Northern Trust)

Christine Wolf said...

I still read your posts every now and then and burst out crying. And I still wear my red shoes with thoughts of Rachel. Peace be with you and your beautiful family. --Christine W.